Friday, July 6, 2007

'Merica!!!

Happy 4th of July! A little belated I know, but still worth stating. I had an incredible 4th of July. We had the day off and were able to do what we wanted. The first thing we did was to go to the parade, which was one of the best parade's I've seen. The parade had me feeling like I was 'Merican!, not American, but more redneck and authentic: 'Merican!!! After the parade we went back to Sheri's house for a pancake breakfast. Next we went to Lake Jackson which was gorgeous! It is a lake in the Teton National Park at the base of the Teton mountains. It was very bizar for me to see a lake on the 4th of July that was as deserted as the lake was. We had a great time hanging out on the lake during the day. After that we finally went and watched the fireworks which were pretty good given the size of the town. It was no 4th of Julivers, but it was still pretty fun. As you can see from the pictures, which I hope are working and viewable, I have bought a cowboy hat and feel like a cowboy! As you can imagine, I'm really enjoying my time here.
Last night we went down to the ranch where the camp is going to be for the middle schoolers and high schooler's. We got back this evening and did a fair amount of work during the day. We had to do some of the final touches before camp starts for the middle schoolers on monday. I am going to be the camp speaker this upcoming week for the camp. It should be fun and I'm looking forward to the challenge. The camp itself is pretty much a small dude ranch. They have horses, a small lake, a wagon which kids can sleep in, and several different log cabins. It will be a small camp, but should be a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to having the role of a speaker.
I am blanking on other things to fill you in on, however I have also posted some pictures of the butte that is in our backyard that we hiked and gives a view of the town of Jackson. You can also see the Teton Mountains in the background if you look closely.

Here is the link to the web album: http://picasaweb.google.com/napierb5

2 comments:

Maureen Simmonds said...

The parade reminded me of Sisters, OR near Black Butte. Bet they have something similar. I can see why you feel like a 'merican. Nice hat! Good luck with your camps. What does it mean to be the speaker?
Keep posting.
Aunt Maureen

christynapier said...

Hi Brandon,

Great pictures - it looks like a really beautiful area! Uncle Mike says you are doing a good job of photography also. Glad you had a good fourth. Nana took some fun pictures of us crabbing on the 4th. I'll load them on Picasa for you to see.

Can you send us your address? We have a little something to send you.

Keep blogging!
Aunt Christy

God is good, all the time, God is good.