Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Just another day at the office

Not a lot has happened recently. I got back from camp on Friday night. We had another fun week at camp with good weather and a few thunder and lightning storms surrounding us. Now that we are back, things are going back to normal. We are running the normal day camp for elementary schoolers along with the usual middle and high school youth groups. It is nice to be back in Jackson. I am enjoying my time here.
There has been a tragedy that has occured here in the town. A young man in high school recently died in a fatal car accident and it has affected a lot of families here. Today they held a funneral service for him. He was very well known and like I said, his death has touched a lot of people in this small town. I didn't meet him, but a lof of the highschoolers are having a difficult time dealing with this event.
Transitioning from that, today I had a rough day of work. Today I went on a middle school day trip with another intern, Colby, and we had to do a scenic float trip on the snake river... On top of that, I have to get paid for it... It was a rough day. Tomorrow we are supposed to have another middle school day trip to the fair. Just so you know, the fair around here is a really big deal! Tonight is the start of teh fair and the main event is pig wrestling. People will submit their teams to a lottery and hope to be chosen to participate. There is also a Calcutta betting system in place where you can pick the team that you hope/want to win. Like I said, it's a big deal... apparently this event, and all evening events, will SELL OUT! I may go to the fair tonight to see the pig wrestling since some of our kids who we work with will be in the event... or I may try to go fishing again- our guide showed me some places that should be good to fish.
Needless to say, I am still enjoying my time here. They have a lot of the outdoor activities that I enjoy and I get paid to do things that are actually fun. Not a bad gig for right now. Until next time...

2 comments:

Patrick Flynn said...

And they pay you for that????
Hang on to that job as long as you can! :-)
Glad you are having fun. Sounds like a great spot to be for the summer.

Maureen Simmonds said...

Hi B-Man, Thanks for the update. I was wondering how things were going. So sad about the fatal car crash. Amazing how far reaching those things are. When are you coming home?? We'll be up at Nana and Papa's Aug. 17--19. At least Uncle Dennis, Julianne and me. Maybe David and Harley. But no commitment yet for them. Lisa and David V. are settling into their new apt. Dennis and I are camping next weekend. :) Can't wait.
I'm glad you are liking what you are doing. Now I have another place to put on my list to visit someday. It looks beautiful.
Take care.
Love, Aunt Maureen

God is good, all the time, God is good.